The plan was just to remove the chrome and get it ready for some flake and pinstriping. That lead to removing the front clip, pulling the motor, then piece by piece it started to come completly apart. The hydraulics, interior, bed plush, windows and all wiring were removed. The full restoration was started and continues after 2 years.
If it can come off or apart then it is now down to bare metal. Every nut and bolt is being blasted, chromed or replaced. There was no rust, a few dents and lots of holes to fill. It will be like a new truck off the assembly line. Fresh coating, primer and paint supplied by Lisa. We still need to remove old powder coat from the frame and have it redone. Hopefully within the next few weeks.
The weeks prior to SEMA, we had to hunt down a few painter and come up with a plan after the painter wen tMIA and all the work he had done needed to be repainted. We made it to SEMA. Not as a complete build but we made it.